Celestron NexImage 5MP Solar System Imager allows you to capture high resolution 5MP planetary, lunar and solar images. It is to be used with the included software package. Celestron NexImage 5MP is able to deliver highest possible detail and brilliant images. The results will impress and they are as detailed compared to the images from other astronomical cameras which costs a lot more.
- 5 Mega pixel color sensor with Micron® DigitalClarity® technology to dramatically reduce image noise levels
- Small pixels sizes provide sub arc-second planetary detail with most telescopes
- View and capture live video on your computer
- Software automatically filters out video frames most affected by poor atmospheric "seeing" leaving only the sharpest, clearest frames to be stacked and aligned into one high quality image
- Machined aluminum 1.25" adapter barrel makes NexImage compatible with most any telescope
- Barrel accepts standard 1.25” eyepiece filters
- 1.25" adapter barrel makes NexImage compatible with most any telescope
- Camera control software allows you to manually change the gain, contrast, exposure time, frame rate and color saturation using your PC
- Camera body has integrated C-threads for direct threaded connection to telescope
- Integrated IR-cut optical window
- Selectable “region of interest” sub-framing
- 2x2 and 4x4 binning capability
- Progressive scan
- Includes USB 2.0 cable
Celestron was founded by Tom Johnson whose first telescope design was a simple 6-inch reflector, built for his young son. He gradually progressed to making larger scopes in more sophisticated designs. Today, the Celestron company is an industry leader in designing and manufacturing optical equipment including telescopes (computerised and non-computerised), binoculars, spotting scopes and its accompanying accessories. Celestron's legacy spans 50 years, and has grown to enjoy recognition from amateurs to serious astronomers globally. The company seeks to remain innovative by growing its product offerings, while supporting science education around the world.