Leica Noctivid 10x42 Green Binoculars
The Leica Olive Green Noctivid 10x42 binoculars features produce bright and clear high-contrast images with accurate color rendition across the entire visible spectrum. Internal baffles limit scattered light in the optical tubes which can affect clarity and contrast, while an innovative lens design and internal field flatteners ensure edge-to-edge clarity across the entire wide-angle field of view. The wide viewing angle and relatively high 10x magnification allow you to take in sweeping views while also giving you the ability to make detailed observations of distant objects. The wide viewing angle also helps to mitigate the common occurrence of disorientation that often accompanies high magnifications when using the optic on rolling seas or airborne platforms.
The Noctivids are made with a dual-hinge/open-bridge that provides added gripping surface area while reducing the overall weight without sacrificing strength or stability. Its chassis is made of a lightweight and strong magnesium alloy that, when combined with the bridge configuration, further reduces the weight while shifting the center of gravity to the natural hand position which translates to an improved handling experience with greatly reduced fatigue - allowing you to hold the binoculars for extended periods of time. To withstand the rigors of extensive outdoor use, all of the metal surfaces are treated with a proprietary varnish coating to resist corrosion and wear, and the optical tubes are nitrogen-filled and O-ring sealed to be fogproof, waterproof, and submersible.
- Multi-layer high-temperature plasma anti-reflection lens coating deposition process ensures balanced light transmission across the entire visible spectrum
- P40 phase-correcting prism coatings increase light transmission while improving contrast and clarity
- HighLux-System (HLS) maximizes light throughput to improve color rendition and contrast
- Internal baffle system reduces scattered light which can interfere with contrast, color, and clarity
- Hydrophobic AquaDura coatings on external optical surfaces allows dirt, dust, and fingerprints to be removed easily
- Lens design and integrated field flatteners reduce spherical aberration and distortion across the entire field of view for edge-to-edge sharpness
|Front lens diameter||42 mm|
|Exit pupil||4.2 mm|
|Light transmission||91 %|
|Prism Glass Quality||BaK-4|
|Field of View||112.0 m @ 1000 m|