Celestron Advanced VX 6-inch Refractor Computerised Telescope
The Advanced VX German equatorial mount has been designed with the highest quality materials to ensure stability and durability All this adds up to a telescope that gives you a lifetime of enjoyment with a minimal amount of maintenance. The Advanced VX mount provides amateur astronomers with the most sophisticated and easy to use telescopes available on the market today.
If you are an experienced amateur, you will appreciate the comprehensive database of over 40,000 objects, including customized lists of all the best deep-sky objects, bright double stars and variable stars No matter your level of experience, the Celestron Advanced VX 6" Refractor Telescope will help you and your friends explore the wonders of the universe.
- 6"” (150mm) f/8 Refractor includes StarBright XLT coatings for better light transmission
- 9x50 optical finderscope for locating alignment stars
- Integer gear ratios and permanently programmable Periodic Error Correction eliminates recurring track errors from the worm gear.
- Autoguider port for long exposure imaging
- New motors offer improved tracking performance & provide more power to overcome load imbalances
- Updated industrial design offers more rigidity, less flexible and improved aesthetics
- New design allows viewing or imaging across the meridian without interference from the motors housings
- Improved latitude range. Can be used between 7 – 77 degrees latitude.
- NexStar+ hand control offers multiple language programming (English, French, Italian, German, Spanish)
Tour of the Celestron Advanced VX Schmidt Cassegrain:
|Aperture (mm)||150 mm (5.91 in)|
|Focal Length||1200mm (47 in)|
|Focal Length of Eyepiece 1 (mm)||20 mm (0.79 in)|
|Magnification of Eyepiece 1||60 x|
|Tripod||Adjustable, Stainless Steel|
|Tripod Leg Diameter||2"|
|Highest Useful Magnification||354 x|
|Lowest Useful Magnification||21 x|
|Limiting Stellar Magnitude||13.4|
|Resolution (Rayleigh)||0.93 arc seconds|
|Resolution (Dawes)||0.77 arc seconds|
|Light Gathering Power (Compared to human eye)||459 x|
|Optical Tube Length||51" in (1295 mm)|
|Optical Tube Weight||19 lbs (8.62 kg)|
|Tripod Weight||18 lbs (8.16 kg)|
|Weight of Counterweights||2 x 12 lbs|
|Mount Height (Max)||64" in (1626 mm)|
|Mount Height (Min)||44" in (1118 mm)|
Product code: 22020
|Electronic Hand Control||No|