The Advanced VX German equatorial mount has been designed with the highest quality materials to ensure stability and durability All this adds up to a telescope that gives you a lifetime of enjoyment with a minimal amount of maintenance. The Advanced VX mount provides amateur astronomers with the most sophisticated and easy to use telescopes available on the market today.
If you are an experienced amateur, you will appreciate the comprehensive database of over 40,000 objects, including customized lists of all the best deep-sky objects, bright double stars and variable stars No matter your level of experience, the Celestron Advanced VX 8" Computerised Reflector Telescope will help you and your friends explore the wonders of the universe.
The following Advanced VX Telescope package includes:
- 8” (203mm) f/5 Parabolic Newtonian Reflector with StarBright XLT coatings for better light transmission
- Integer gear ratios and permanently programmable Periodic Error Correction which eliminates recurring track errors from the worm gear.
- A newly revised motor which delivers improved tracking performance and load balancing technologies
- Updated industrial design offers more rigidity, less flexure and improved aesthetics
- New design allows viewing or imaging across the meridian without interference from the motors housings
- Improved latitude range, from 7 – 77 degrees latitude.
- NexStar+ hand control with a database of over 40,000 celestial objects to pick and choose from
- 6x30 finderscope to assist identifying and aligning to stars
Tour of the Celestron Advanced VX Computerised Telescope
|Optical Design||Newtonian Reflector|
|Aperture (mm)||200 mm (7.87 in)|
|Focal Length||1000 mm (39 in)|
|Focal Length of Eyepiece 1 (mm)||20 mm (0.79 in)|
|Magnification of Eyepiece 1||50 x|
|Highest Useful Magnification||472 x|
|Lowest Useful Magnification||29 x|
|Limiting Stellar Magnitude||14|
|Resolution (Rayleigh)||0.7 arc seconds|
|Resolution (Dawes)||0.58 arc seconds|
|Light Gathering Power (Compared to human eye)||816 x|
|Optical Tube Length||914mm (36")|
|Optical Tube Weight||6.35kg|
Celestron was founded by Tom Johnson whose first telescope design was a simple 6-inch reflector, built for his young son. He gradually progressed to making larger scopes in more sophisticated designs. Today, the Celestron company is an industry leader in designing and manufacturing optical equipment including telescopes (computerised and non-computerised), binoculars, spotting scopes and its accompanying accessories. Celestron's legacy spans 50 years, and has grown to enjoy recognition from amateurs to serious astronomers globally. The company seeks to remain innovative by growing its product offerings, while supporting science education around the world.
Product Code: CLS-32062
|Electronic Hand Control||Yes|
|Mount Type||German Equatorial|
|Warranty Information||2 Years|
|Additional Specifications of Product||No|