Celestron EclipSmart Solar Filter for 8 Cassegrain Telescope
If you're planning to view the sun or any other celestial object that requires a Solar filter, there's none better than the Celestron EclipSmart Solar-Filter. Manufactured by American Paper Optics, a supplier recommended by NASA for safe solar viewing. This solar safe filter technology is ISO compliant providing the ultimate protection from harmful solar radiation, including both IR and UV light. It also features two velcro straps and four self-adhesive velcro pads to safely secure the filter to the lens cap to avoid it ever falling off in the case of heavy vibrations.
Compatible with the following 8" SCT:
- Advanced VX 8" Schmidt-Cassegrain Telescope
- Advanced VX 8” EdgeHD Telescope
- CPC 800 GPS (XLT) Computerized Telescope
- CPC Deluxe 800 HD Computerized Telescope
- NexStar 8SE Computerized Telescope
- NexStar Evolution 8
- Nexstar Evolution 8 HD with StarSense
- CGEM - 800 Computerized Telescope
- CGEM 800 HD Computerized Telescope
- CGEM II 800 Schmidt-Cassegrain Telescopes
- CGEM II 800 EdgeHD Telescopes
- CGX Equatorial 800 Schmidt-Cassegrain Telescopes
- CGX Equatorial 800 HD Telescopes
The Celestron Solar Safe filter technology is GUARANTEED SAFE for direct solar observation and has been independently tested by SAI Global Assurance Services.
Solar Safe products conform to and meet the transmission requirements of ISO 12312-2, Filters for Direct Observation of the Sun, EN 1836:2005 + A1:2007 (E) for an E15 Filter for the Direct Observation of the Sun and, AS/NZS 1338.1:2012, Filters for Eye Protectors.
Celestron was founded by Tom Johnson whose first telescope design was a simple 6-inch reflector, built for his young son. He gradually progressed to making larger scopes in more sophisticated designs. Today, the Celestron company is an industry leader in designing and manufacturing optical equipment including telescopes (computerised and non-computerised), binoculars, spotting scopes and its accompanying accessories. Celestron's legacy spans 50 years, and has grown to enjoy recognition from amateurs to serious astronomers globally. The company seeks to remain innovative by growing its product offerings, while supporting science education around the world.