Celestron EdgeHD 800 OTA - CGE
Observe and take astrophotographs like never before with the Celestron EdgeHD 800 SCT OTA - CGE.
- 8-inch Schmidt-Cassegrain with EdgeHD
- Aplanatic, Flat-Field Optics for Edge-to-Edge Pinpoint Stars
- Aluminium OTA with Tube Vents & Integrated 50-Mesh Filter for Cooling
- Large Aperture & StarBright XLT Coatings for Super-Bright Images
- Includes 9x50 Finderscope, 2-inch Mirror Diagonal & a Wide-Angle 40mm 1.25-inch Plössl Eyepiece
- Celestron 2 Year Warranty
Meet the EdgeHD 800 SCT OTA: Celestron's most premium Schmidt-Cassegrain Astrograph.
With EdgeHD Optics to produce a flat-field image from edge-to-edge of the focal plane that virtually eliminates aberatton, the Celestron EdgeHD series delivers on pinpoint stars across the entire field of view. In fact, compared to a standard schmidt-cassegrain, the EdgeHD records 3x flatter focal plane.
Coupled with Celestron's propriety StarBright XLT Coatings that maximises light transmission into the telescope tube, the Celestron EdgeHD system is built to produce breathtaking views and images for any dedicated astrophotographer.
- 203.2mm (8-inch) Aperture
- 2032mm (80-inch) Focal Length (f/10)
- EdgeHD Optics
- StarBright XLT Coatings
- Mirror Clutches
- Cooling Vents
- Fastar Compatible
- CGE Dovetail Bar Included
- Celestron 2 Year Warranty
Certain features are only found on the Celestron EdgeHD range that are not available in the standard Schmidt-Cassegrain. These include mechanical features such as:
- Mirror Clutches: Flexible tension clutches hold the mirror in place and reduce image shift when taking long exposure astro-images. Once focused, the flexible rods allow the mirror to be held in place without putting any force or pressure on the mirror assembly, keeping the image centered in the eyepiece (or on the sensor).
- Tube Vents: Cooling vents located on the rear cell allow hot air to be released from behind the primary mirror. Each vent has an integrated 95-micron micromesh filter guaranteed to let warm air out without letting dust in.
- Fastar Versatility: The Celestron EdgeHD range can be dropped from a f/10 to a f/2 with a FASTAR adapter (sold separately). This makes it suitable for planetary imaging as a native f/10, but also for galaxies with a f/7 (with a focal reducer sold separately) or wide field imaging with an f.2, ultra-fast f/2 wide field imaging.
Rigorous Quality Control Standards
Celestron takes the quality assurance of their EdgeHD series seriously. Each EdgeHD tube produces undergoes severe scrutinity by a trained Quality Assurance Engineer at Celestron prior to shipment. Not only do they review the physical manufacturing process, each tube faces a camera and artificial star to ensure that its imaging system is up to par. This makes every Celestron EdgeHD product personally tested to fit their high standards for astrophotography.
|Optical Tube Assembly (OTA)
|Schmidt-Cassegrain (SCT) EdgeHD
|40mm (51x Magnification)
|2" with 1.25-inch Adapter
|Optical Tube Construction
|Highest Useful Magnification
|Lowest Useful Magnification
|Limiting Stellar Magnitude
|0.69 Arc Seconds
|0.57 Arc Seconds
|Light Gathering Power (Compared to Human Eye)
|Secondary Mirror Obstruction
|Secondary Mirror Obstruction by Diameter
|Secondary Mirror Obstruction by Area
|Optical Tube Length
|Optical Tube Diameter
|Optical Tube Weight
|CGE Dovetail Bar
|Celestron 2 Year Warranty
Imagine a humble beginning – a 6-inch reflector telescope crafted by Tom Johnson for his young son. This was the spark that ignited a transformative journey. As time passed, his designs evolved into larger, more sophisticated scopes. Today, Celestron shines as an industry trailblazer, renowned for crafting precision optical equipment. From computerised marvels to traditional telescopes, binoculars, spotting scopes and more, Celestron's portfolio is a universe of possibilities. With a legacy spanning over 50 illustrious years, Celestron has earned admiration from both avid hobbyists and dedicated astronomers worldwide. But they don't rest on their laurels; innovation propels them forward. They constantly broaden their product horizons while illuminating minds through global science education initiatives. Celestron's story is one of innovation, evolution and a passion for the cosmos. Join them on this extraordinary journey of discovery and inspiration.
Product Code: 91030-XLT
|Schmidt Cassegrain (EdgeHD)
|Faintest Stellar Magnitude
|Celestron CGE Mount
|Electronic Hand Control
|Celestron EdgeHD 800 SCT OTA- CGE
|1.25" Visual back
|1.25" Mirror Diagonal
|CGE Dovetail - 8-inch