Celestron Wedge HD Pro - CPC 8/9/11
Dispatch in 3-5 DaysAdd to wishlist
Celestron's HD Pro Wedge is designed to support our fork mounted Schmidt Cassegrain Telescopes up to 11". The HD Pro Wedge provides a heavy duty, stable platform that is perfect for astroimaging and guarantees minimal vibration. A low latitude range of 0-90° makes this wedge functional for use at the equator. Built-in features include altitude/azimuth adjustment controls with oversized knobs attached for easy polar alignment, a hand control holder that provides the option of placing on the wedge or the fork arm, a tilt plate for easier mounting of the telescope by simply rotating the scope onto the wedge, and a large 14 mm diameter latitude adjustment screw to add strength and stability while supplying less vibration and easier rotation with a heavy telescope.
HD Pro Wedge - General Features
- 14 mm Diameter Latitude Adjustment Screw - Adds strength and stability. Does not flex or bend providing less vibration and making it easier to rotate a heavy telescope.
- 0-90° Latitude Range - Low latitude range, perfect for use at the equator.
- Built-in Hand Control Holder - Allows user to place the hand control on the wedge or fork arm. Hand control won't fall off when fork arm is angled towards the ground.
- Tilt Plate - Recesses to fit base of telescope and base of scope drops into place just by rotating. Mounting telescope on wedge becomes easier.
- Heavy Duty Side Plates - More rigid with more material provides less vibration while imaging.
Celestron was founded by Tom Johnson whose first telescope design was a simple 6-inch reflector, built for his young son. He gradually progressed to making larger scopes in more sophisticated designs. Today, the Celestron company is an industry leader in designing and manufacturing optical equipment including telescopes (computerised and non-computerised), binoculars, spotting scopes and its accompanying accessories. Celestron's legacy spans 50 years, and has grown to enjoy recognition from amateurs to serious astronomers globally. The company seeks to remain innovative by growing its product offerings, while supporting science education around the world.
Product Code: CLS-93664