Celestron Nexstar+ Hand Control USB AZ
Includes these Celestron technologies:
The Celestron NexStar+ AZ Hand Control is the standard computer accessory on all current altazimuth mounted Celestron GoTo telescopes:
With the push of a button, you can access NexStar+’s huge database of over 40,000 celestial objects! Automatically slew to objects in a variety of catalogues, including the Messier, NGC, Caldwell, and SAO brightest stars. If you don't know which planets to choose, you can use the Tour mode and it will show you a selection of the most popular objects during the time and date you are observing!
Note: NexStar+ includes many setup conveniences like SkyAlign, customizable max slew speed, programmable slew limits, and more.
- Intuitive menu-driven user interface
- Nine slew speeds: 2x, 4x, 8x, 16x, 32x, 0.3°/sec, 1.0°/sec, 2°/sec, 4°/sec
- Multiple tracking rates: Sidereal, Lunar, and Solar
- Anti-backlash correction: Train-out intrinsic play in gears for smoother movement and tracking
- Permanent Periodic Error Correction (PPEC): Improves tracking precision for long-exposure astrophotography and imaging
- 40,000-object database
- 100 user-defined objects for customization
- Filters for creating custom object lists
- Solar System: All 7 planets plus the Moon, Sun and Pluto
- Custom lists of all the brightest stars, double stars, variable stars and asterisms
- Custom lists of all the best galaxies, nebulae and clusters as well as the complete Messier catalog and select NGC objects
- Alignment options: One or two-star, Solar system, Quick and Last
- Sky Tour: Based on location, date, and time, the system shows the best objects in the sky and automatically slews to them
- Object info: Provides useful information about the selected object such as magnitude and constellation. Includes extended information about 200 popular objects'
- Double line, 16-character LCD window
- Red backlighting for comfortable viewing without affecting night-adjusted vision
- Adjustable brightness levels
- 19 function keys, backlit in red
- Micro USB port: Connect to a computer, for use with software programs for point-and-click slewing capability and updating firmware via PC
What's in the box:
- Celestron NexStar+ AZ Hand Controller
- Coiled Cord
Celestron was founded by Tom Johnson whose first telescope design was a simple 6-inch reflector, built for his young son. He gradually progressed to making larger scopes in more sophisticated designs. Today, the Celestron company is an industry leader in designing and manufacturing optical equipment including telescopes (computerised and non-computerised), binoculars, spotting scopes and its accompanying accessories. Celestron's legacy spans 50 years, and has grown to enjoy recognition from amateurs to serious astronomers globally. The company seeks to remain innovative by growing its product offerings, while supporting science education around the world.
|Warranty Information||Limited 2 Years Warranty|