Celestron NexStar RS-232 Cable for Nexstar Telescopes
Price Match Policy
WE CAN PRICE MATCH:
- Identical products with the same brand and SKU
- To Australian retailers that are authorised by the Brand to sell that specific brand and product. That is, we do not price match to parallel/grey importers.
- If the Competitor has that item in stock and displays it on their website
- If you have a written quote from the Competitor indicating the price and availability if that information is not readily available on their website.
WE CANNOT PRICE MATCH:
- Items that are not in stock at the Competitor or the price and availability is not clearly indicated
- Special bulk or discount bundles, clearance products, second-hand, refurbished or display stock or exclusive member deals offered by the Competitor
- Online auction and marketplaces such as eBay, Amazon Australia, or Bunnings Marketplace
- International dealers or unauthorised distributors that are selling international goods direct to Australian consumers
- Obvious pricing error that is significantly lower than the market average.
Please note that price matching will also include the competitor’s shipping costs to you. This means, if they charge free shipping on that approved price match, we will too!
30 Days Returns Policy
At OpticsCentral, we want you to be happy with your purchase! If you have any problems with your order within 30 days of purchase, we are happy to help you out with an Exchange or Refund.
No problem! If you would like to return an item to us for an Exchange or Refund, we are happy to do so within 30 days of purchase as long as the item is in its original condition with all of the original packaging. Simply contact our Customer Service team via the Contact Us page or call us on 1300 884 763 and we will issue you with a Return Authority for your product.
Please note that return shipping is at the expense of the customer and Refunds will exclude the original shipping fees.
*Unfortunately, we are unable to accept Change of Mind returns on Telescopes unless the packaging has not been opened.
It’s unfortunate, but sometimes products may have a manufacturing fault or get damaged in transit. Sometimes packaging errors can occur - we are human afterall! If you have any issues with your order, please contact our Customer Service team via the Contact Us page or call us on 1300 884 763 within 30 days of receiving your order and we will issue you with a Return Authority for your product.
Once assessed by our team and the item is found faulty or we have made a mistake, we are certainly happy to provide you with an Exchange or Refund.
Return shipping for Faulty or Incorrect products is FREE, and we will send out the replacement at no additional cost to you.
Please allow 4-6 weeks for your item to be returned to us and assessed. Refunds will be made or exchanges finalised during this time.
This cable allows you to control your telescope using your computer. Connect one end (the one that looks like a phone jack) of the RS-232 serial cable to the drive base port of your NexStar telescope and the other onto your computer.
*For use with a USB port, you must purchase a serial to USB converter (18775)
Celestron was founded by Tom Johnson whose first telescope design was a simple 6-inch reflector, built for his young son. He gradually progressed to making larger scopes in more sophisticated designs. Today, the Celestron company is an industry leader in designing and manufacturing optical equipment including telescopes (computerised and non-computerised), binoculars, spotting scopes and its accompanying accessories. Celestron's legacy spans 50 years, and has grown to enjoy recognition from amateurs to serious astronomers globally. The company seeks to remain innovative by growing its product offerings, while supporting science education around the world.