Leica Noctivid 8x42 Binoculars
The optical values of the Noctivid combine the highlights of the most proven and state-of-the-art technologies. Thanks to the Schott HT™ high transmission glass for the binocular prisms already utilized in the Ultravid HD-Plus optics, the Noctivid also features maximum transmission and astoundingly natural colours.
Thanks to their large exit pupil and maximum contrasts, the Leica Noctivid 8x42 models impress by their bright and brilliant image well into dusk. Wide fields of view and perfect ergonomics ensure a steady image. The wide field of view also allows a perfect overview at short distances and a deep insight at greater distances. Complex and innovative baffle systems guarantee minimum stray light and maximum contrast. A non-slip rubber armouring gives the binoculars a comfortable feel, and the highly durable patented special varnish provides additional protection for the metal surfaces of the robust magnesium housing.
- Multi-layer high-temperature plasma anti-reflection lens coating deposition process ensures balanced light transmission across the entire visible spectrum
- P40 phase-correcting prism coatings increase light transmission while improving contrast and clarity
- HighLux-System (HLS) maximizes light throughput to improve color rendition and contrast
- Internal baffle system reduces scattered light which can interfere with contrast, color, and clarity
- Hydrophobic AquaDura coatings on external optical surfaces allows dirt, dust, and fingerprints to be removed easily
- Lens design and integrated field flatteners reduce spherical aberration and distortion across the entire field of view for edge-to-edge sharpness
|Front lens diameter||42 mm|
|Exit pupil||5.2 mm|
|Light transmission||92 %|
|Field of view at 1,000 m||135 m|
|Prism Glass Quality||BaK-4|
|Field of View||135m/1000m|