Orion SkyGlow Filter - 1.25-inch
- Ideal for enchancing deep-sky observations in moderately light-polluted skies
- For viewing form suburban or city areas.
- To significantly improve the quality of your view
- Blocks out the most common wavelengths of light pollution
- Assist in a better viewing experience
- Compatible with filter-threaded 1.25'' accessories.
- Designed to imporve views of nebulas,galaxies as well as globular star clusters.
The broadband telescope filter blocks out the most common wavelengths of light pollution while letting through desireable wavelengths with little attenuation, resulting in high-contrast, much clearer better deep-sky views.
The filter is able to make light-polluted skies appear much darker, at the same time enhancing the colours of deep sky objects. Thanks to the improved blocking of mercury-vapor light and higher transmission at critical hydrogen-alpha and hydrogen-beta lines.
This contrast-enhancement effect is particularly apparent on nebulas. Unlike stars, emission nebulas give off light in a very narrow range of wavelengths. SkyGlow filters allow maximum transmission of the important wavelengths of hydrogen-alpha, hydrogen-beta, and doubly ionized oxygen-the ones most commonly emitted by nebulas. Views of galaxies and star clusters are also enhanced, although not as much.