QHY 224C Cooled CMOS Planetary Camera - Colour
- QHYColdcmos series
- Sony STARVIS back illuminated Exmor-R IMX178 CMOS sensor
- 50FPS at full resolution
- Both planetary and deep sky imaging
- USB 3.0 super fast interface
- High frame rate
- Anti-amp light control
- Built-in 128MB DDRII image buffer which safeguards against unexpected drops in data transmission
Price Match Policy
WE CAN PRICE MATCH:
- Identical products with the same brand and SKU
- To Australian retailers that are authorised by the Brand to sell that specific brand and product. That is, we do not price match to parallel/grey importers.
- If the Competitor has that item in stock and displays it on their website
- If you have a written quote from the Competitor indicating the price and availability if that information is not readily available on their website.
WE CANNOT PRICE MATCH:
- Items that are not in stock at the Competitor or the price and availability is not clearly indicated
- Special bulk or discount bundles, clearance products, second-hand, refurbished or display stock or exclusive member deals offered by the Competitor
- Online auction and marketplaces such as eBay, Amazon Australia, or Bunnings Marketplace
- International dealers or unauthorised distributors that are selling international goods direct to Australian consumers
- Obvious pricing error that is significantly lower than the market average.
Please note that price matching will also include the competitor’s shipping costs to you. This means, if they charge free shipping on that approved price match, we will too!
30 Days Returns Policy
At OpticsCentral, we want you to be happy with your purchase! If you have any problems with your order within 30 days of purchase, we are happy to help you out with an Exchange or Refund.
No problem! If you would like to return an item to us for an Exchange or Refund, we are happy to do so within 30 days of purchase as long as the item is in its original condition with all of the original packaging. Simply contact our Customer Service team via the Contact Us page or call us on 1300 884 763 and we will issue you with a Return Authority for your product.
Please note that return shipping is at the expense of the customer and Refunds will exclude the original shipping fees.
*Unfortunately, we are unable to accept Change of Mind returns on Telescopes unless the packaging has not been opened.
It’s unfortunate, but sometimes products may have a manufacturing fault or get damaged in transit. Sometimes packaging errors can occur - we are human afterall! If you have any issues with your order, please contact our Customer Service team via the Contact Us page or call us on 1300 884 763 within 30 days of receiving your order and we will issue you with a Return Authority for your product.
Once assessed by our team and the item is found faulty or we have made a mistake, we are certainly happy to provide you with an Exchange or Refund.
Return shipping for Faulty or Incorrect products is FREE, and we will send out the replacement at no additional cost to you.
Please allow 4-6 weeks for your item to be returned to us and assessed. Refunds will be made or exchanges finalised during this time.
One of the most important feature on this camera is that it is cooled, which makes it perfect for long exposure sessions. The QHY224 has the capacity to cool 40ºC below ambient. Incorporated with anti-dew technology, the CMOS chamer is fully sealed and includes a silicon tube socket as well as a heater to avoid dew formation, so that users can enjoy a relaxed imaging session even on damp nights.
Perfect for both planetary and deep-sky imaging, made with Sony IMX224 colour CMOS sensor and a fast USB.3.0 interface, users can enjoy all levels of sky observation as this camera provides ultra sensitive and high frame rate photography capabilities.
Built-in 4 pins filter wheel connector as well as a 6 pins RJ11 guiding port.
Amp-glow suppression telenology to support a clearer background in long exposure sessions. This is particularly good for users who are looking to do deep sky imaging.
What's in the Box?
- QHY224C camera
- USB3.0 cable (1.5m)
- Self-locking power cable
- 6-pin guide port
- Car power adapter
- Drying tube
- 1.25'' Nosepiece
- M42/2'' Nosepiece
- Download card
- Inspection report
USB Powered for camera and +12V powered for TEC
|CMOS Sensor||1/3inch IMX224 Color CMOS Sensor|
|Shutter||Electric Rolling Shutter.|
|Readout Noise||3e@low gain 0.55e@high gain|
|Frame Rate (on 8bit)||
|AD Sample Depth||10bit/12bit (8bit/12bit output)|
|On Camera Image Buffer||Yes, 128MB DDRII Buffer|
|Cooling||2-stage TEC, Typical -40 below Ambient. Temperature Regulated|
|Anti Dew Control||
Air Connector for removable silicon gel tube
Heat board for optic window of airproof CCD chamber
|Computer Interface||USB3.0 Super Speed|
|Telescope Interface||M42/0.75&2inch adapter. Optional C-mount adapter|
|Colour Wheel Port||4PIN QHYCFW2 socket|
|Guide Port||6PIN RJ11 Guide Port|
|Resolution||1.2MP (1280 x 960)|
|Colour / Monochrome||Colour|
|Operating System Compatibility||Windows, Mac OSX, Linux|
|Usage||Planetary Imaging, Deep Sky Imaging|
|Warranty Information||2 Years|