QHY IC8300 - dual mode standalone/USB cooled camera
- World's first open source stand-alone astronomy deep sky cooled camera
- World's first camera with full internet connection via WIFI
- Ideal for deep sky imaging
- Classic monochrome camera
- KAF8300 CCD sensor
- High quantum efficiency
- Two stage TE cooling
- Anti-condensation technology
- Low thermal noise and low readout noise
- Can access to the EQ mount, electric focuser and the autoguider and the complete imaging system by appropriate software.
Price Match Policy
WE CAN PRICE MATCH:
- Identical products with the same brand and SKU
- To Australian retailers that are authorised by the Brand to sell that specific brand and product. That is, we do not price match to parallel/grey importers.
- If the Competitor has that item in stock and displays it on their website
- If you have a written quote from the Competitor indicating the price and availability if that information is not readily available on their website.
WE CANNOT PRICE MATCH:
- Items that are not in stock at the Competitor or the price and availability is not clearly indicated
- Special bulk or discount bundles, clearance products, second-hand, refurbished or display stock or exclusive member deals offered by the Competitor
- Online auction and marketplaces such as eBay, Amazon Australia, or Bunnings Marketplace
- International dealers or unauthorised distributors that are selling international goods direct to Australian consumers
- Obvious pricing error that is significantly lower than the market average.
Please note that price matching will also include the competitor’s shipping costs to you. This means, if they charge free shipping on that approved price match, we will too!
30 Days Returns Policy
At OpticsCentral, we want you to be happy with your purchase! If you have any problems with your order within 30 days of purchase, we are happy to help you out with an Exchange or Refund.
No problem! If you would like to return an item to us for an Exchange or Refund, we are happy to do so within 30 days of purchase as long as the item is in its original condition with all of the original packaging. Simply contact our Customer Service team via the Contact Us page or call us on 1300 884 763 and we will issue you with a Return Authority for your product.
Please note that return shipping is at the expense of the customer and Refunds will exclude the original shipping fees.
*Unfortunately, we are unable to accept Change of Mind returns on Telescopes unless the packaging has not been opened.
It’s unfortunate, but sometimes products may have a manufacturing fault or get damaged in transit. Sometimes packaging errors can occur - we are human afterall! If you have any issues with your order, please contact our Customer Service team via the Contact Us page or call us on 1300 884 763 within 30 days of receiving your order and we will issue you with a Return Authority for your product.
Once assessed by our team and the item is found faulty or we have made a mistake, we are certainly happy to provide you with an Exchange or Refund.
Return shipping for Faulty or Incorrect products is FREE, and we will send out the replacement at no additional cost to you.
Please allow 4-6 weeks for your item to be returned to us and assessed. Refunds will be made or exchanges finalised during this time.
The IC8300 is incorporated with a built-in ARM system, which means users can use it without a computer. The WIFI interface allows wireless control and remote login. By appropriate software, users are able to connect to their whole imaging system, including the equatorial mount, electric focuser and the auto-guider.
The camera also includes two serial ports, a USB host interface, a 4pin filter wheel interface.
Other than the stand-alone mode, users can connect this camera to the computer as an ordinary astronomical camera via a USB cable.
Being the world's first open source standalone astronomy cooled deep sky camera and world's first camera with full internet connection via WIFI, this QHY IC8300 camera certainly does not overlook its quality.
IC8300 is a classic monochrome camera constructed with the very popular 8.6MP KAF8300 CCD sensor. This sensor has a great quantum efficiency for deep-sky imaging. It has two stage TE cooling and typical delta-T is -45c below ambient. There is a built-in heating plate and an external drying interface which effectively combat condensation at low temperatures. This camera also has very low thermal noise as well as low readout noise.
|CCD sensor||KAF8300 mono|
|Effective pixels||8.6 MP|
|Imager size||17.96mm*13.52mm 4/3inch|
|Readout noise||Typical 9e-|
|Binning||1x1 2x2 3x3 4x4|
|Cooling||Typical -45, max-50c below ambient|
|Shutter||Butterfly mechanical shutter with uniform illumination|
|CCD window heater||Yes|
|Fully airproof CCD chamber||Yes, with silicon gel tube socket|
|Product Flag||On Sale|
|Warranty Information||2 Years|
|Additional Specifications of Product||