Skywatcher AZEQ6 GT Mount and Tripod
The Skywatcher AZEQ6 GT is a versatile three-in-one GoTo mount which operates in GoTo Equatorial mode holding one telescope, or in GoTo Altazimuth mode holding one or two different telescopes.
- Switch Between Equatorial (EQ) and Alt-Azimuth (AZ) Modes
- Payload Capacity of 20kg
- Capable of Mounting Two Telescopes at the Same Time!
- Permanent Periodic Error Correction (PPEC)
- Full 360° Control of Right Ascension and Declination Axes with Worm Gear Tracking Controls
- Belt Driven Transmission Limits Backlash
- Sky-Watcher 5-Year Warranty
The Skywatcher AZ-EQ6 GT GoTO Mount and Tripod gives you the best of both worlds.
Being a dual function mount, the Skywatcher AZEQ6 GT Mount and Tripod not only features the well reputated NEQ6 Equatorial Mount where it's excellent for both visual and photographic use, but also enhances other features a GoTo Altazimuth mount offers. The hybrid mount promises to become a favourite among intermediate to experienced observer and astrophotographers.
- German Equatorial / Alt-Azimuth Hybrid Dual Mode
- Permanent Periodic Error Correction (PPEC). PPEC can be trained with Autoguider or PC
- Belt Driven with a Super Smooth PE Curve. Low Backlash & Silent Slewing
- Shutter Release Control for Batch Exposures of Astrophotography
- New Motor Controller with Higher Torque and Accuracy
- Two Dual-Fit (45mm/75mm) Saddles to Mount Two Telescopes
- Improved Reliable Power Supply Outlet
- Polar-Alignment with Polar Scope or the SynScan Hand Controller's Polar Alignment Routine
- Primary Axis Encoder Tracks the Mount’s Position. Users can push the mount at any time without worrying about losing the mount’s alignment
The Skywatcher AZ-EQ6’s dual-width dovetail saddle accommodates both narrow (Vixen-style) and wide (Losmandy-style) dovetail attachment plates. Along with its sturdy steel-legged tripod, the mount also includes a second dovetail saddle for dual-telescope Altazimuth operations, illuminated polar axis scope with adjustable brightness, two 5.1kg counterweights, RS-232 communication cable, and 12-volt DC power cable with a secure threaded connector.
The hand control (SynScan) features an excellent patented dual-encoder technology. This technology allows the telescope to be moved manually in either axis without the mount losing its positional information which gives a lot of freedom and convenience for users.
|Computerised Hybrid Altazimuth German Equatorial Mount
|2" stainless steel
|2.5cm (diameter), 20.2cm + 15cm extension (length)
|42,9000 objects from Messier, Caldwell, NGC, IC, Double Stars, Named Stars, Variable Stars and SAO catalogues
|DC hybrid stepper motors
|0.125x, 0.25x, 0.50x, 0.75x, 1x
|1.25x, 1.75x, 2x, 8x, 16x, 32x, 64x, 400x, 500x, 600x, and up to 3.4°/sec (800x)
|Sidereal, Solar and Lunar
|Up to 5 arc minute
|One Star, Two Star, Three Star or Brightest Star
|Car battery adapter (included) or 12V~16V DC 4A Mains Supply (sold separately)
|Mount Head Weight
|Tripod Head Weight
|Dual Saddle - Vixen, Losmandy
The Skywatcher AZEQ6 GT Mount and Tripod comes with a 5 Year Warranty.
|Skywatcher Polar Scope for EQ5/NEQ6/AZEQ6
|Improve your polar alignment with a polar scope!
Skywatcher make telescopes with the intention of bringing the treasures of the sky within reach of anyone curious enough to look up and wonder. The company has been making telescopes since 1980. Skywatcher Telescopes optics are of the highest quality, and any telescope is available for a wide range of observing applications, from 50mm spotting scopes right up to 150mm (6") refractors, 200mm (8") reflectors, and 250mm (10") Dobsonians.
Product Code: SWAZEQ6GT