The hand control (SynScan) features an excellent patented dual-encoder technology. This technology allows the telescope to be moved manually in either axis without the mount losing its positional information which gives a lot of freedom and convenience for users.
Being a dual function mount, the AZ-EQ6 GoTo Mount not only features the well reputated NEQ6 Euatorial Mount where it's excellent for both visual and photographic use, but also enhances other features a GoTo Altazimuth mount offers. The hybrid mount promises to become a favourite among intermediate to experienced observer and astrophotographers.
The Skywatcher AZ-EQ6’s dual-width dovetail saddle accommodates both narrow (Vixen-style) and wide (Losmandy-style) dovetail attachment plates. Along with its sturdy steel-legged tripod, the mount also includes a second dovetail saddle for dual-telescope Altazimuth operations, illuminated polar axis scope with adjustable brightness, two 5.1kg counterweights, RS-232 communication cable, and 12-volt DC power cable with a secure threaded connector.
Other Features Include:
- German Equatorial / Alt-Az dual mode
- Permanent periodic error correction(PPEC). PPEC can be trained with Autoguider or PC.
- Belt drive – Super smooth PE curve. Low backlash, silent slewing.
- Shutter release control for batch exposures of astrophotography.
- New motor controller with higher torque and accuracy.
- Include two dual-fit (45mm/75mm) saddle for mounting two telescopes.
- Improved reliable power supply outlet.
- Polar-alignment with polar-scope or SynScan HC’s polar-alignment routine.
- Primary axis encoder tracks the mount’s position. Users can push the mount at any time without worrying about losing the mount’s alignment.
Other Specifications Include:
- Tripod Height: 127cm
- Tracking Rates: Sidereal/ Solar/ Lunar rate
- Guiding Speed: From 0.125x, 0.25x, 0.5x, 0.75x, 1x
- Mount Type: EQ/ Alt-AZ Dual Mode
- Counter weight: 2x5 kg
- Motor Drive: 1.8° Hybrid Stepper Motor
- Tripod Weight: 7.5kg, 2'' steel tripod
- Shipping Weight: 21kg +20kg
- Payload Capacity: 20kg with counterweights excluded
- Power Supply: DC11~16V 4A
- Slewing Speed: up to 4.2 degrees/second