Skywatcher Esprit Triplet 100/550 ED Triplet Refractor Telescope - OTA Only
Price Match Policy
WE CAN PRICE MATCH:
- Identical products with the same brand and SKU
- To Australian retailers that are authorised by the Brand to sell that specific brand and product. That is, we do not price match to parallel/grey importers.
- If the Competitor has that item in stock and displays it on their website
- If you have a written quote from the Competitor indicating the price and availability if that information is not readily available on their website.
WE CANNOT PRICE MATCH:
- Items that are not in stock at the Competitor or the price and availability is not clearly indicated
- Special bulk or discount bundles, clearance products, second-hand, refurbished or display stock or exclusive member deals offered by the Competitor
- Online auction and marketplaces such as eBay, Amazon Australia, or Bunnings Marketplace
- International dealers or unauthorised distributors that are selling international goods direct to Australian consumers
- Obvious pricing error that is significantly lower than the market average.
Please note that price matching will also include the competitor’s shipping costs to you. This means, if they charge free shipping on that approved price match, we will too!
30 Days Returns Policy
At OpticsCentral, we want you to be happy with your purchase! If you have any problems with your order within 30 days of purchase, we are happy to help you out with an Exchange or Refund.
No problem! If you would like to return an item to us for an Exchange or Refund, we are happy to do so within 30 days of purchase as long as the item is in its original condition with all of the original packaging. Simply contact our Customer Service team via the Contact Us page or call us on 1300 884 763 and we will issue you with a Return Authority for your product.
Please note that return shipping is at the expense of the customer and Refunds will exclude the original shipping fees.
*Unfortunately, we are unable to accept Change of Mind returns on Telescopes unless the packaging has not been opened.
It’s unfortunate, but sometimes products may have a manufacturing fault or get damaged in transit. Sometimes packaging errors can occur - we are human afterall! If you have any issues with your order, please contact our Customer Service team via the Contact Us page or call us on 1300 884 763 within 30 days of receiving your order and we will issue you with a Return Authority for your product.
Once assessed by our team and the item is found faulty or we have made a mistake, we are certainly happy to provide you with an Exchange or Refund.
Return shipping for Faulty or Incorrect products is FREE, and we will send out the replacement at no additional cost to you.
Please allow 4-6 weeks for your item to be returned to us and assessed. Refunds will be made or exchanges finalised during this time.
The Skywatcher Esprit 100ED triplet APO OTA is a premium refractor telescope made specifically for deep-sky observation and astrophotography. Its 550mm focal length gives it a wide field for viewing large objects such as nebulas and galaxies.
- 100mm triplet APO OTA with multi-coated FPL-53 glass
- Field flattener and Canon DSLR adapter
- Dual-speed focuser with indexing
- 9x50mm right-angled finderscope
- 2" dielectric diagonal
- accepts 2" and 1.25" eyepieces
- Losmandy (D-style) dovetail
- Aluminium carry case
The air-spaced triplet objective lens for the telescope is made from Ohara FPL-53 ED (extra low dispersion) glass and tuned to remove all detectable traces of chromatic aberration. This means that for visual work, there is no (red or blue) colour fringing around the edge of the Moon or the brightest stars. For colour astrophotographers, this also removes blue fringing around target stars.
Also for astrophotography, the bundle includes a matching 2-element field flattener. This will remove coma in the corners of the photography field. It also includes a 48mm T2 adapter for Canon DSLR cameras allowing the camera to be securely and squarely attached to the telescope.
The objective is also fully multi-coated for maximum light transmission and minimum internal reflections.
The Skywatcher Esprit 100ED triplet APO OTA is fitted with a CNC machined 11:1 dual speed focuser, which is rotatable to allow astrophotographers to frame their target as required. The focuser tube also has an index to allow you to return to the same position quickly. The heavy-duty focuser has racks on both sides of the barrel to avoid heavy cameras causing flexure in the imaging train.
The telescope includes a 9x50mm right-angled finderscope to allow you to find your target easily, and has a 2" dielectric diagonal which accepts 2" eyepieces. An adapter for 1.25" eyepieces is also included.
The telescope attaches to any mount that has a D-style dovetail.
All this fits into an attractive aluminium foam-lined case.